Saturday, December 14, 2013

Forget Happy Holidays.....His Parents Can't Cook

Question: We’ve been going to my husband’s parents’ house for years on Christmas and his mother cannot cook. He thinks his mother’s food is the BOMB, but it’s probably the worst food I’ve ever tasted in my life, being real! I really wish we could spend this holiday at my parents’ house but we typically just drop by or don’t go at all since we spend every other holiday with my folks. What’s a girl to do because I don’t think I can stomach (literally) another Christmas with the in-laws?
Answer: This question had me dying! I can only imagine the food and your fear lol. I guess we can start with what you do have control over! Are you any good in the kitchen? If so, make a great Christmas Eve dinner with all the food you want (throw in some of the hubby's favorites) so you can at least have a decent holiday meal someplace. Since you only have to spend one holiday a year with his parents is it really that bad?!?!?!?!? You sound a bit selfish here I mean seriously, I know the day of sucks for you but overall you win! Com'on girl, 5-6 hours someplace with not-so-good food out of the 8765.81 hours in a year.....you're not really making a compromise when you look at the entire scheme of things.  

So my best advice to you is make your own food the day before or after, visit your mom’s house on Christmas Eve and be the taste tester for the day, or something! Don’t bother telling your hubby his momma can't cook you'd be stepping into a losing battle my friend, so just let it be. Grab your best Xmas outfit, go to your husbands families house, watch him stuff his face, eat minimal maybe a salad if they have one (hey go on a fast that day, fasts never hurt), smile, play some charades or spades and enjoy those few hours of the year with the in-laws and their unpleasant food. We women can’t have everything our way...... as I know we would all prefer it that way! Have a great Christmas love! Don't fret........ be of good cheer! 


~KWK


*All of the question are submitted via FB for KWK Ask Kristen Fridays*
                               *All images are from Google*

Let's Stay Connected!
FB- facebook.com/kristenlblack
Twitter-@konversationsk
Instagram-konversations_w_kristen
www.konversationsk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment