Monday, August 19, 2013

How Can I Stop Everybody Else from Doing Better than ME?

Question:
How can you stay focused on my own life when everybody else's life seems better? 


Answer: Funny you asked this, I want to assure you that it's a hard thing to do! Lol it's hard but it takes discipline. Ask yourself "how disciplined am I in general"? If you find that you are not really disciplined comparing your life with others is a hard obstacle to overcome. I struggled with this and still do. If you are disciplined however, it will be a bit easier to practice self control in this area. I am a believer that all things work together or are connected in some way or another and in order to be successful in not comparing yourself to others, you must show signs of self control in other areas of your life . For example if I desire to eat less but I never do it, or I want to become celibate but never are sure indicators that I lack discipline overall......so the potential for me to gain control over other problems areas in my life is a difficult task for me. Get it? So to answer your question when you notice that you are traveling down I Wish Ave, or Why S/He St...turn around, work your self control muscle! Redirect your thinking. Don't beat yourself up, allow yourself to be human...these thoughts are NORMAL now its your job to consciously change your thought process. Also redirect your thinking and start focusing on what you do have. Start saying out loud what you have and thank God for it. You will quickly turn your complication into gratitude & God will honor you! Overall you will feel better too! Good luck bro!

(ALL QUESTIONS ARE SUBMITTED VIA FB....www.facebook.com/kristenLBlack)

No comments:

Post a Comment