Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Loading: Your Pre-Holiday Weekend Plans

Thanksgiving is next week and if your plans aren’t to travel this weekend I have some great suggestions for you!  Single ladies and those who are taken check out my findings to give you some options.


Food

The thought of turkey, greens, & macaroni and cheese really soothes my soul as I highly anticipate the whole soirée that is to take place at my house in nearly a week; but this weekend I want to keep it simple and light as I prepare my appetite for the BIG feast scheduled in just 8 days. So if you, like I, are trying to narrow the chance of gaining those extra holidays pounds, limiting your intake before and after to prohibit that scale from tipping over  is your best option.....and if you just so happen to choose that option, I have the place for you. One of my personal favorites, it has almost been a year since I was there, 5 Seasons Brewing is a great restaurant with a healthy menu. If you don’t like beer, it’s OK that isn’t the only thing they offer.                                      
                                                                       (THE ART OF BEER MAKING, FASCINATING)

With several locations in Atlanta, my favorite is the one located on Marietta St. Downtown. This place has yet to fail me. The food is so fresh and delicious, Oh and let me add healthy too. If it were not for my mom I would have never known was a portobello burger was. If it weren't for 5 Seasons, I would have never known that a Portobello mushroom 'sammich' could taste sooooo good! In addition to their wealth of beer options they also have cocktails, other organic options, and dessert items that are really good and “healthy”, well somewhat lol. Expand your horizon and upgrade your taste buds……5 Seasons is the best place to go if you’re in to mood for a great healthy meal, at a reasonable price! Check the link below for the full menu!

Fun & Adventurous

That Kandi Burguss is quite the Renaissance woman and no one is mad at her. She is having a stage play called, A Mother’s Love, this weekend and it seems like a great concept with some pretty familiar faces as cast members. Tickets can be purchased at the Rialto box office or by phone on the flyer listed. The cheapest ticket is $58, as I am not aware of the going rate for play tickets but that seems like a reasonable price to me. I don’t know, but if you want something different to do with your girlfriends, boo, or incoming relatives this weekend this may be an option!

Thrifting is the new thing, so why not enjoy thrifiting and brunch this Sunday?  Sounds like a plan?!?! If so, grab a girlfriend and travel over to Hodgepodge Coffee House this Sunday as several thrifting boutiques join together to host this fantastic shopping event.  RSVP today at www.thrifitingatlanta.com.






Empowerment

In honor of the philanthropic efforts of those who are passionate about keeping men, women, and children warm this Fall and Winter Season a good friend of mine is hosting a Blanket Drive for the homeless this week! If you have any unwanted blankets, sweaters, coats or anything warm you are willing to donate, contact her so you can meet at a central location in ATLANTA to drop off your items! Be a blessing to someone this holiday season!
Email: give4apurpose@gmail.com!

As always I am an advocate for fun and hard work but it all needs to be balanced with some quality time with the Father. I recommend Free Chapel, located in Gainesville, GA however they have a live stream you can enjoy from anywhere. If Free Chapel does not interest you, YouTube some sermons, visit your local church, or tune into a pastor on TV, just make sure you GET IT IN!



***All pictures were taken from the event or restaurants page or Google*** 




No comments:

Post a Comment