Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nov 15-17 Weekend Plans

Single ladies & those who are taken, need date ideas for this weekend? I got you covered! Check out the exciting things I found going on in the city of Atlanta that is sure to keep you busy and out of the house this crisp Fall weekend.
Food


There is absolutely nothing like a good slice of pizza, no offense to Papa Johns or Pizza Hut because both come in handy when a quick meal is necessary after a hard days work....... but forget all that, you and your girl friends (or boo thang) need a more romantic pizzeria experience as you unwind after this work week! So for your convenience I found you this restaurant called Fritti and after visiting their site I really think you should go! While you may have a hard time pronouncing the names of the entree's in the menu (that’s how you know its authentic) the descriptions are mouthwatering. The Calamari Fritti/Pizza looks especially appeasing to me with San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella cheese (which I would replace with feta), topped off with fried calamari, doesn't seem like anything could go wrong with this option. Paired with a glass of wine and good conversations you have a great date night or ladies night out spot for this weekend. Visit the site below for more details.



Fun & Adventurous
I am not getting paid for this advertisement but who isn’t going to see the Best Man Holiday this weekend. I am a sucker for a good movie (preferably a RedBox) and some popcorn but for this one you can catch me in the theater opening night. I suggest you do the same and to beat the crowds why not purchase your tickets in advance online. My favorite theater is the AMC in Phipps Plaza however I have also heard that Cinebistro is a great place too. In case you were wondering about Studio Grill I really didn’t like my experience but it’s different and you may really enjoy it! SO go see the Best Man Holiday this weekend, I may even run into you there!
There is also a fashion show happening this weekend called No Wire Hangers so I can only assume that the pieces modeled will require a more expensive hanging option? Sounds like fashion up my alley!! The tickets are $25 (in advance) for general admission and the doors open at 7:30. It’s located at the M Rich Center on MLK Drive in Atlanta and for $15 more you can enjoy a VIP reception including cocktails and a gift bag. Click below to purchase your tickets today!


Empowerment

I am a softy for anything nonprofit and creative; and this duo event seems to fit the bill! Ladies this really seems like a fun thing for you to enjoy this weekend. Join Friends Giving for a coffee and cupcake social at 10am as you make faux leather tassel ornaments and monogrammed gift wrap for the holidays and watch as the event hosts pin the whole thing on Pinterest! You may want to bring your own glue gun but other than that everything else is provided for you. Why not gather your girlfriends for this event then enjoy an afternoon jog to get your weekend off right! 

As always I am an advocate for fun and hard work but it all needs to be balanced with some quality time with the Father. I recommend Free Chapel, located in Gainesville, GA however they have a live stream you can enjoy from anywhere. If Free Chapel does not interest you, YouTube some sermons, visit your local church, or tune into a pastor on TV, just make sure you GET IT IN!



***All pictures were taken from the event or restaurants page or Google*** 




No comments:

Post a Comment