Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Your Post Holiday Weekend Plans

The weekend after thanksgiving usually means work, lingering family members, or a whole bunch a plans that you never planned with or without your permission…..with or without people you may or may not want to be with but…..what the HEY it’s the Holidays. However  if you are in need of something to do this weekend I got you covered, check out these great weekend suggestions I found you!
Food
Thanksgiving will be OVER and if you are like I the thought of dressing and ham makes you want to hurl. So where can you go in Atlanta that is as far away from soul food and country cooking as possible? Nan Thai Fine Dining is the place to be. A close friend of mine and fellow foodie casually in conversation asked “Kristen have you ever been to Nan, that place on the corner of 17th and Spring Street”? I nonchalantly replied “No” and as her eyes lit up and she said the words “we have to go there” I knew the place that I passed by several times over the years was the very place I'd been  missing out on. For me Thai food can be hit or miss but when it comes to Nan I have got nothing but rave reviews.

Thai is a little different from Chinese, and to me it’s a little better.  It offers a more upscale taste for a more mature palate so if you are looking for something different I highly suggest this place. It is Fine Dining so expect to spend a few more bucks but its really worth it. They have all types of curry: red, green, panang, you name it, Pad Thai which is my all-time favorite, and an interesting dish on the menu called Larb Kai which includes a ginger lime marinated chicken breast, topped with mint, pared with garlic rice and I think we have ourselves a meal. Check out the site for yourself and don’t get turned off by the names of the entrĂ©es, venture out a bit and develop your taste buds.


Fun & Adventurous

If shopping is fun to you why not get out and enjoy those Black Friday sales? Every store everywhere will be having a door buster sale, even the weave shops so if you're looking for discounts, Friday is your day. Personally I love shopping but you couldn't pay me to shop on Black Friday. During the day I typically snack on leftovers, hang with my non shopping family members and plot our Friday night plans, if any.

Friday night plans?!?!  How about you go see Black Naivety? I don’t know what’s up with the African American films this year but they are in full effect. It is good to see African Americans on the big screen in a positive light. I am a sucker for musicals and from my knowledge that is exactly what the move is about. Spreading the joy of Christmas, Christ, & family I am all for it. So on Friday night you can catch me at AMC checking out this great holiday movie! Or and I also heard Hunger Games 2 was a smash. I must admit the first one got me and I would never choose this type of movie, but it was really good!

Have you ever heard of LeGairBrand Boutique? Well they have one opening here in Atlanta this Saturday and the grand opening will be banging! They will have live performers, a fashion show and much more so if you're looking for something different to do this weekend, here's your choice! Check out the flyer above for more details!  

    
Empowerment


As we are in the middle of the holiday season I challenge each of you to think of those in need year round. While turkey drives are commendable, there is someone somewhere that struggles to put food on the table daily. Get more involved in your community, keep your ears open, ask questions, because someone needs your generosity!
As always I am an advocate for fun and hard work but it all needs to be balanced with some quality time with the Father. I recommend Free Chapel, located in Gainesville, GA however they have a live stream you can enjoy from anywhere. If Free Chapel does not interest you, YouTube some sermons, visit your local church, or tune into a pastor on TV, just make sure you GET IT IN!



***All pictures were taken from the event or restaurants page or Google*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment