Saturday, October 19, 2013

Can the Good Girls like Bad Boys?

QUESTION  I would consider myself a good girl and I am very much attracted to the “bad guy”. When I say bad guy I mean the reformed thug type of dude, the one who used to get into trouble, may have been to jail before, but has changed his life around, etc. Is this wrong, how can I shake this syndrome?

   
ANSWER: I probably can write a book about this but I am going to try my best to condense this answer! You and I my dear are cut from the same fabric so this question really hits home. Thinking back to undergrad I remember reading that women are mostly attracted to stability and security, while men are generally attracted to the body and looks. Bad boys translate to us security and that’s a turn on. If they are a reformed thug we see their strength by their ability to make the transformation categorizing that as stability. I mean come on, they had to stabilize their mind long enough to make that 180, especially if they are prosperous (not necessarily financially but in business, etc) with their reformed minds!
Now the nice man who looks decent and works in corporate America, with a clean background is often overlooked by us because we classify them as boring! I am not saying that is an accurate classification but that’s the category they fit in to us. I like what I like and you should too. I hear people say all types of things about who you should like and who you shouldn’t and there may be some validity to their claims but when its all said and done you like what you like!


For example I have a friend who only likes corporate American geeks and she told me they play games like the rest of them so don’t think one type of man is different from the other.

The best answer I can give is to seek Christ, He knows what you need! Ask Him to renew your mind and make you like what He likes. He already has your husband picked out, ask Him to allow you to not only see him but appreciate him as well. He may be a reformed thug, or he may be a geek but whoever he is he will be your perfect match so how can you loose?!? Keep an open mind and trust HIM!

*All of the question are submitted via FB for KWK Ask Kristen Fridays*
                               *All images are from Google*

Let's Stay Connected!
FB- facebook.com/kristenlblack
Twitter-@konversationsk

Instagram-konversations_w_kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment