Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thoughts about Preachers of LA.....

Question 2: How do you feel about the show Preachers of LA?

  
Answer: Ok at first I was ready for some ratchet TV but I was pleasantly surprised. Some of those pastors on there are quite the handful and I have personal biases against a few (from years ago) BUT overall the show was pretty ok. I definitely would watch it again. There were moments of chauvinism and other vain pursuits that have absolutely nothing to do with God but I took that portion as men being men and Oxygen getting ratings!!! How does God feel about that……I don’t want to be there when it goes down!



I
want to make certain that I add as a bishop however you do have a greater call and responsibility on your life. As I watch the show with my eye focused on the content and character of the pastors portrayed, I do realize that everyone does not have that ability nor are they even considering that! So this show, like any other reality show can be damaging!

I wouldn't suggest someone validating their personal behaviors on the account of these men…..remember we each have to answer to God for our own lives. I also don’t think it’s safe to try and be like these men in any capacity, be who God called you to be, strive to be like Christ. I can’t determine what God has spoken to anyone but I know the Word of the Lord is the same and He never changes!!
                                         

Reality shows for the most part in my opinion are corrupt and have a lasting impact on the participants and viewers. If you watch the post interview with Pastor McClendon he says that the show was a set up! Duh all reality shows are! I’m not saying that I don’t watch reality TV but I do have to take it in increments and utilize a lot of discernment and with that the enemy still plays with my mind so I’m in no way immune. I will end by saying be careful with these reality shows, the underlying messages can be damaging, at the end of the day the producers are all about that mighty dollar bill!




*All of the question are submitted via FB for KWK Ask Kristen Fridays*
                               *All images are from Google*

Let's Stay Connected!
FB- facebook.com/kristenlblack
Twitter-@konversationsk

Instagram-konversations_w_kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment